1, open the client user interface, then click Symantec Endpoint Protection > Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection. You may be required to enter a password. In versions earlier than 14.0. 1 (14 RU1), click the Symantec Endpoint Protection client icon in the Menu bar, then click Uninstall.
How do I completely remove Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Use the Windows key or icon to open the Start Menu.
- Go to Settings (icon looks like a gear). …
- Select Apps. …
- Locate and select Symantec Endpoint Protection in the list of apps. …
- Select Uninstall. …
- Continue to follow prompts to allow the application to uninstall.
Can not uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Find the Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstallation product key: Click Start, then Run. Type regedit to open the Windows reistry editor. Browse the Uninstall sub keys in the left-hand pane, check the values in the right-hand pane to find a value for DisplayName that is Symantec Endpoint Protection.
How do I disable Symantec Endpoint Protection 14?
Disabling Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- In the search box type in Run or Win R.
- In the Run menu, type in “Smc -stop” and click Ok.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection should now be disabled.
How do I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without password 14?
Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the
- Stop the SMC service.
- Delete the SmcInstData key located under HKLMSOFTWARESymantecSymantec Endpoint ProtectionSMC
- Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstall.
Is Symantec Endpoint Protection good?
Symantec Endpoint Protection serves as an excellent front-line antivirus solution for larger organizations who need to manage numerous computer systems, servers, and users. … SEP is particularly effective when paired with a second anti-malware solution, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
What is the uninstall password for Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Look for “SmcInstData” at the right pane, right click on it and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the registry key deletion. You can now uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without being prompted to enter a password.
Reset the Password to Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
How do I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without password?
9. RE: Uninstall SEP Client 11.0. 6005 Without Having Password
- Open the registry.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESymantecSymantec Endpoint ProtectionSMC.
- Change the value for SmcGuiHasPassword from 1 to 0.
- Restart the SMC service.
How do I temporarily disable Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Disable Endpoint Protection temporarily by right-clicking on the Symantec’s Gold Shield icon, located on the Windows system tray area. Click once on the “Disable Symantec Endpoint Protection” option, from the drop-down menu.
How do I restart Symantec Endpoint Protection?
To start the Symantec Management Client service manually from the Windows follow the below steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- Type smc -start.
How do I unlock Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Open a command prompt window. Navigate to the Tools subfolder in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager directory on the drive and location where you installed the manager. From the command line run the batch file named “resetpass. bat” This will reset the password to a default user name and password of admin/admin.
What is the default password for Symantec Endpoint Protection?
The default username and password for the Endpoint Protector Reporting and Administration Tool after setup is username “root” and “epp2011” is the password. We strongly recommend that the default user name and password are changed immediately after the system setup.
How do I disable Symantec Endpoint Protection from the registry?
Stop Endpoint Protection
- Click Start > Run.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- On the Services tab, uncheck the following (not all may be present): …
- Click OK.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesSepMasterService.
- Change the Start value to “4”.