Ink cartridge “protection” begins when a cartridge is installed into a HP printer and means that the product can only be used in that particular machine. … Unfortunately, this protection will render the cartridge useless in other machines, forcing you to throw the cartridge away.
How do I unprotect my HP ink cartridge?
Simply access the printer settings found on your printer’s menu and you will see an option to disable the HP cartridge protection. Select the disable option and click Apply and Save, if necessary.
How do I reset my HP protected ink cartridge?
1) On the printer’s control panel display select Setup. 2) From the Setup menu select Tools. 3) From Tools menu scroll down to select Restore Factory Defaults. 4) Once selected the Restore Factory Defaults window will prompt a warning.
What is cartridge protection HP?
HP cartridge protection acts as a fortification against counterfeiting. The feature is built into the printer software and efficiently detects any non-brand cartridge. After detecting a duplicated cartridge, the printer starts giving a “Cartridge protected” message.
How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
Here is a general procedure to override the incompatible HP ink cartridge:
- Remove all of the cartridges from the printer.
- Place the incompatible ink cartridge back in the printer.
- Power off the printer and unplug its power cord from the wall– wait 10-15 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.
Who has the best remanufactured ink cartridges?
Top 10 Best Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Reviews
- IKONG 950XL 951XL Compatible Ink Cartridge. …
- JARBO Remanufactured Ink Cartridges. …
- LxTek Remanufactured Ink Cartridge. …
- LD Products Remanufactured Ink Cartridge. …
- Valuetoner Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement. …
- OfficeWorld Remanufactured Ink Cartridge.
Why does my HP printer says cartridge error?
Check/Wipe Cartridge Contacts: A common cause of the “Cartridge Problem” message is the gold contacts found on an electonic chip on the body of the HP cartridge being obscured with dirt/ink or even physically having been damaged. Firstly remove the indicated cartridge from the printer and locate the chip.
How do you fix a HP printer cartridge error?
Reset the printer
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. Note: …
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
What are HP Real Life Technologies?
Technologies found in some HP digital cameras, printers and scanners that are designed to help users get better quality images. HP’s Photosmart digital cameras that have Real Life technologies are designed to produce crisper, more realistic and more true-to-life photos.
Can I use HP 65 instead 63?
No, each Ink cartridge number is desgned for a specific printer. It may not fit into the cartridge holder and even if it does, the printer will not print and would display an error message, So 65 inks cannot be used in a printer that uses 63 inks. Thanks.