How do I know what version of Avast I have?
To check what version you’re currently running, ‘right-click’ on the blue ball on your system tray. Then click on ‘about avast’. You’ll see a window pop-up with the version (vers 4.6) and build number ( 4.6. 739 ).
How do I change from Avast free to Avast premium?
Ensure that Apps & features is selected in the left panel, then click Avast Premium Security, and select Uninstall. If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes. When Avast Premium Security Setup appears, click Switch to free antivirus. Click Yes to authorize the change.
How do I turn on Avast premium security?
To activate Avast Premium Security using an activation code:
- Locate your activation code. …
- Double-click the Avast Security icon in your Applications folder to open the application. …
- Select ☰ Menu ▸ Activate paid features.
- Type or paste your activation code (including hyphens) into the text box, then click Activate.
What does Avast premium include?
Avast Premium Security: comes with all the features included in Avast Free Antivirus, and additionally includes Real Site, Sandbox,Remote Access Shield, Sensitive Data Shield, Webcam Shield, Password Protection, Data Shredder, and advanced Firewall features.
Is Avast free really free?
Avast Free Antivirus is one of the best free antivirus software programs you can download. It’s a complete tool that protects against threats from the internet, email, local files, peer-to-peer connections, instant messages, and much more.
Are free antivirus any good?
Being a home user, free antivirus is an attractive option. … If you’re talking strictly antivirus, then typically no. It’s not common practice for companies to give you weaker protection in their free versions. In most cases, the free antivirus protection is just as good as their pay-for version.
Is Avast worth paying for 2021?
On the whole, yes.
Avast is a good antivirus and provides a decent level of security protection. The free version comes with lots of features, although it doesn’t protect against ransomware. If you want premium protection, you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid-for options.
Should I buy Avast premium?
Overall, Avast Premium Security is worth it for the protection. However, some users might expect more functions from the program to increase utility. Besides, many useful features like VPN and Cleanup requires you to pay an extra price. … Overall, Avast Premium Security is worth paying for in 2020.
How long does Avast Free last?
Avast Free Antivirus is now activated for one year. After 12 months you can renew the activation again by following the steps above.
How do I activate Avast for free?
Activate Avast Free Antivirus
- Right-click the Avast icon in the notification area of your Windows taskbar and select Registration information.
- On the My Subscriptions screen, click Upgrade now next to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Click Select in the Avast Free Antivirus column.
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.