If you’re seeing the Not Secure error, it likely means that your site doesn’t have an SSL certificate and is not using the HTTPS protocol. The notification does not mean that your site is compromised or not functioning correctly.
How do I secure my website on GoDaddy?
You can also use these instructions to set up Website Security Basic.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the Website Security account you want to set up, select Set up.
- Select or type in the domain name you want to protect, and then select Next.
How do I fix this website is not secure?
My website is not secure, how can I fix it?
- Install Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate. …
- Ensure that internal and external links use HTTPS. …
- Verify your website in Google Search Console. …
- Ensure that HTTP URLs are redirected. …
- Update XML sitemap.
Why is my website coming up as not secure?
If your website is showing up as “not secure”, then it is missing an updated SSL Certificate. This is easily recognizable in your website URL as it will start with HTTP instead of HTTPS. … A proper SSL Certificate creates a safe connection directly with the server that the visitor is on.
Is GoDaddy website secure?
An SSL encrypts all data that passes through the website to the server, so visitors’ information is safe. GoDaddy SSL Certificates are trusted by browsers and use the world’s strongest encryption. If you need help, GoDaddy provides 24/7 security support when you need it.
Is it bad if a website is not secure?
You might see a “Login not secure” or “Payment not secure” message. Dangerous: Avoid this site. If you see a full-page red warning screen, the site has been flagged as unsafe by Safe Browsing. Using the site will likely put your private information at risk.
What happens if you visit an unsecure website?
Insecure websites are vulnerable to cyberthreats, including malware and cyberattacks. If your site falls victim to a cyberattack, it can impact the site’s functioning, prevent visitors from accessing it, or compromise your customers’ personal information.
Which is safe http or HTTPS?
HTTPS is HTTP with encryption. The only difference between the two protocols is that HTTPS uses TLS (SSL) to encrypt normal HTTP requests and responses. As a result, HTTPS is far more secure than HTTP. A website that uses HTTP has http:// in its URL, while a website that uses HTTPS has https://.
How do I fix Google Chrome is not secure?
How to Fix Website is Not Secure Error in Chrome
- 1 Make Sure Date and Time are Correct. Security certificates are used by our web browsers and computers to make sure a particular site is safe. …
- 2 Clear History and Cached Browsing Data. …
- 3 Try the Webpage Again.
How do I change my website from HTTP to https?
Easy 4-step process
- Buy an SSL Certificate. …
- Install SSL Certificate on your web hosting account. …
- Double check internal linking is switched to HTTPS. …
- Set up 301 redirects so search engines are notified.