Some USB flash drives have a physical switch which allows you to lock or unlock write protection. The location of a switch on a USB flash drive will be different. Make sure the lock switch is slid up to unlock position. You will not be able to transfer files to the USB drive if it is locked.
How can I remove write protection from my pendrive?
Go to My Computer/This PC and under Devices with Removable Storage, look for your pen drive device. Right-click on it and click Properties. Click Edit, in the pop-up box, sometimes there’s an option to Remove write-protection. Change the status of this option and try again.
How can I remove write protection from my pendrive in Windows 10?
Use Diskpart to Remove Write Protection From USB Drives
- Insert the USB drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Press Windows key+X.
- Select Run.
- Enter diskpart and then select OK. …
- Next to DISKPART>, enter list disk and press Enter.
- In the list of mounted disks, find your USB drive and note the disk number.
Why can’t I remove write protection USB?
Disk Write Protected FAQ
If your USB flash drive, SD card or hard drive is write-protected, you can easily remove write protection. You can try running a virus scan, checking and ensuring the device isn’t full, disabling read-only status for a file, using diskpart, editing Windows Registry and formatting the device.
How can I remove write protection from my SanDisk pen drive?
- Type DISKPART in Windows search box and hit enter.
- Enter LIST VOLUME and press enter.
- Type SELECT VOLUME #, the # is the volume number of your SanDisk USB/SD card/SSD drive, which you want to remove write protection from.
- Type ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY, press enter.
How do I fix write protected media?
How to Fix “Media Is Write Protected” in Windows
- Check Your Media for a Write Protection Switch.
- Removing Write Protection from Files and Folders.
- Run a Disk Scan.
- Run a Full Malware Scan.
- Check System Files for Corruption.
- Use Advanced Formatting Tools.
- Remove Write Protection With DiskPart.
How do I unlock a USB drive?
Method 1: Check the Lock Switch
So, if you find your USB Drive locked, then you should first check the physical lock switch. If the lock switch of your USB Drive is toggled to the lock position, you need to toggle it to the unlock position to unlock your USB Drive.
How do I remove write protection from online?
Removal of write protection with the Diskpart utility
- list disk and press Enter. (This command displays a list of drives connected to your PC).
- select disk 0 (Replace 0 with the write-protected device number) and hit Enter.
- attributes disk clear readonly and confirm, with Enter. …
- exit (exit from diskpart utility)