Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit. msc command. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection. Set ‘Hide the Virus and threat protection area’ setting to Not Configured.
How do I access Virus and threat protection settings?
Turn on real-time and cloud-delivered protection
- Select the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Security. …
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Flip each switch under Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection to turn them on.
How do I know if my Virus is threat protected?
Run a quick scan in Windows Security
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Virus & threat protection. Open Windows Security settings.
- Under Current threats, select Quick scan (or in previous versions of Windows 10, under Threat history, select Scan now).
How do I fix protection information?
fix for this? Clean up anything they find, restart PC and then run both scans again until they come up clean. Then check for damaged System Files: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow…
Why can’t I turn on my real-time protection?
Real-time protection should be switched on by default. If real-time protection is off, click the toggle to turn it on. If the switch is greyed-out or disabled it’s probably because you have another antivirus program installed. Check with your antivirus software to confirm if it offers real-time protection.
How can we prevent Virus threat protection?
Turn off Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
Why was my virus protection turned off?
If your virus protection is shutting off or refusing to run, it’s possible that a software conflict exists on your PC. This can occur if you already have an anti-virus software running and try to install another. … Ensure that you have only one anti-virus application running at any given time.
How good is Windows Virus and threat protection?
Microsoft’s Defender is pretty good at detecting malware files, blocking exploits and network-based attacks, and flagging phishing sites. It even includes simple PC performance and health reports as well as parental controls with content filtering, usage limitations, and location tracking.
Can not enable Windows Defender?
Open Group Policy Editor and navigate to the following setting: Computer Configuration > Administrative Template > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus. SIn the right pane, double-click on Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. Next, select Not Configured, click the Apply and OK button.
Why Windows Defender not working?
If Windows Defender is not working, that’s usually caused by the fact that it detects another antimalware software. Make sure you uninstall the third-party security solution completely, with a dedicated program. Try checking the system file by using some built-in, command-line tools from your OS.