Open the workbook that you want to change or remove the password for. On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook. Click Unprotect Sheet or Protect Workbook and enter the password. Clicking Unprotect Sheet automatically removes the password from the sheet.
How do I remove password protection in Excel without password?
How to unprotect a password protected worksheet.
- Step 1 Press ALT + F11 or click View Code on the Developers Tab.
- Step 2 Double click on the worksheet that is password protected.
- Step 3 Copy and paste the code below into the (Code) window. …
- Step 4 Click on the Run Button or press F5.
How do I unlock a password protected Excel File?
The steps are pretty simple. All you have to do is open the desired workbook and click on the Unprotect Sheet, which will remove the password. To change the password, click on Protect Workbook and type and confirm the new password.
How do I unlock a password protected Excel File for free?
Unprotect password protected Excel file
Click inside the file drop area to upload Excel files or drag & drop Excel files. Your Excel file will be rendered automatically to unlock. Download link of Excel file will be available instantly after unlock. You can also send a link to the Excel file to your email address.
How do I remove a password from an Excel file 2016?
How to remove Excel 2016 spreadsheet password protection
- Go to File InfoProtect Workbook, and choose Encrypt with Password option again, just like when you encrypt excel workbook.
- Clear password in pop-up dialog Encrypt the contents of this file. Click OK.
- Related Articles:
How do I remove password protection from an Excel document online?
How to Remove Password from Excel File (Unprotect Excel)
- Step 1: Open the worksheet you want to unprotect.
- Step 2: Click on File > Info > Unprotect Sheet.
- Step 3: Or go to Review Tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
- Step 4: If the worksheet asked the password for opening, enter the password and click.