How do I protect a workbook in Excel 2010 with a password?
Protect an Excel file
- Select File > Info.
- Select the Protect Workbook box and choose Encrypt with Password.
- Enter a password in the Password box, and then select OK.
- Confirm the password in the Reenter Password box, and then select OK.
How do I make an Excel 2010 spreadsheet read-only?
- Click on the Tools button and click General Options.
- In the Password to modify box, enter a password and click OK.
- Note: If you only want to recommend users to open the Excel file as read-only, without protecting it, don’t enter a password and check Read-only recommended.
How do I lock an Excel worksheet?
On the worksheet, select just the cells that you want to lock. Bring up the Format Cells popup window again (Ctrl+Shift+F). This time, on the Protection tab, check the Locked box and then click OK. On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet.
How do I remove a password to open an Excel File?
How to remove a password to unencrypt an Excel spreadsheet
- Open your encrypted Excel spreadsheet, type in the password, and click “OK.” …
- Click on the “File” tab, then click on “Info.”
- Click on the box labeled “Protect Workbook” to open a drop-down menu. …
- Delete the password that appears, so that the field is blank.
How do I change a password to open an Excel File?
Open the workbook that you want to change the password for. On the Review tab, under Protection, click Passwords. In the Password to open box or Password to modify box, select all contents. Type the new password, and then click OK.
How do I make an Excel file not read only?
Re: Turn Off Read Only
- Close the Excel wookbook.
- Right click on that specific Workbook.
- Select Properties.
- Uncheck Read only.
- Click OK.
How do I force Excel to read only?
Excel: Force “Open as Read Only” Prompt
- In Excel, select “File” and click Save As.
- Ensure the file format box is set to “Excel Workbook“, then select “More options…“.
- Choose “Tools” > “General Options” at the bottom of the window.
- Select the check-box for “Read-only recommended“, then select “OK“.
- Select “Save“.
How do I make an Excel file read only?
Save as read only
- Click the Microsoft Office Button. , and then click Save or Save As if you have previously saved the document.
- Click Tools.
- Click General Options.
- Click the Read-only recommended check box.
- Click OK.
- Save the document.
How do you lock cells in Excel without protecting sheet?
Betreff: Lock cell without protecting worksheet
- Start Excel.
- Switch to the “Check” tab and select “Remove sheet protection”. …
- Select all cells by clicking in the top left corner of the table.
- In the “Start” tab, select “Format> Format cells> Protection” and uncheck “Locked”.
How do I unlock an Excel spreadsheet without the password?
Just follow any of these steps: Open the protected spreadsheet, and switch to the ‘Review’ tab and click the ‘Unprotect Sheet’ icon in the Changes group. You can access the same above option by right-clicking the protected spreadsheet tab, then select the ‘Unprotect Sheet’ option from the context menu.
How do you prevent someone from saving an Excel file?
Prevent saving over current Excel sheet
- Save As.
- Right next to the Save button there is a Tools button. Click on that and select General Options.
- type in a password where it says Password to Modify. then OK and Save.