Go to File > Info. Select Protect document. Select Enable Editing.
How do I unlock a Word document that is protected?
Open Word. Click File > Options. Open Trusted Center > Trusted Center Settings. Choose Protected View.
Choose Protected View.
- Enable Protected View for Files Originating from the Internet.
- Enable Protected View for Files Located in Potentially Unsafe Location.
- Next, enable Protected View for Outlook Attachments.
How do I remove protection from a Word document?
Remove a password from a document
- Open the document and enter its password.
- Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password.
- Clear the password in the Password box, and then click OK.
How do I turn off enable editing in Word?
To open all your documents in full editing mode in Word 2013 or Word 2010, just follow these simple steps.
- Click the File tab in the upper left corner.
- Select Options.
- Select Trust Center in the left pane.
- Click Trust Center Settings.
- Select Protected View.
- Uncheck all three options under Protected View and Click Ok.
How do I edit a protected Word document?
On the Review tab, in the Protect group, click Restrict Editing. In the Editing restrictions area, select the Allow only this type of editing in the document check box. In the list of editing restrictions, click No changes (Read only). Select the part of the document where you want to allow changes.
How do I remove password protection from a Word 2010 document?
1) Open the Word document using your password. 2) Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password. 3) In the new dialog box, clear all the data in the Password field and click OK. 4) Finally, save the document and close it.
Why is my Word document locked?
The file might be locked because: The file is shared and another user is currently editing it. An instance of the Office app is running in the background with the file already opened. The file has been marked as Final and can no longer be updated.
How do I remove protection from a Word document without the password?
How to Unprotect a Word Document Without the Password
- Using WordPad.
- Using Google Docs.
- Using an Online Password Cracker (Word 2007 or above)
- Using VBA Code.
- Using a Free Password Cracker (Word 97-2003)
Why can I not edit my Word document?
If you cannot edit your Word document, it’s probably protected with password. In case you don’t want to enter the password every time you access the document, you’ll need to disable document protection, and delete the password.
How do I turn off editing in Word 2010?
Open your document in Microsoft 2010 and locate the Review tab. Step 2: Locate the Track Changes icon at the top of the screen; be sure that Track Changes is disabled. If Track Changes is enabled, as in the screen shot below, be sure that you click the Track Changes icon to disable this feature before you proceed.
How do you unlock Microsoft Word 2010?
Click the “Stop protection” button at the bottom of the pane. If the form was locked when it was created, a pop-up box will open asking for the password. Type in the password and click “OK.” The form is now unlocked and can be edited.