Yes, breaches happen, and sometimes your security questions get stolen. … Breaches are a mark against security questions, but they’re also a threat to many other forms of authentication. At best, security questions are no more hackable than passwords, at worst they’re both vulnerable.
Do security questions have to be exact?
Be exact with passwords & answers to security questions
Details matter, so avoid typos and pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
Why do security questions never work?
Security questions are a terrible idea. There are no “best practices” like there are for passwords: a password should be hard to guess, long enough, etc. Are security questions any of that? By design, they are the opposite of secure: easy to guess, guessable using a dictionary attack or a list of last names, etc.
How do I get rid of security questions?
How to disable account security questions using Group Policy
- Open Start.
- Search for gpedit. …
- Browse the following path: …
- On the right side, double-click the Prevent the use of security questions for local accounts policy.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
What are typical security questions?
Some of the more common security questions with answers that might sometimes be found on one’s social media pages include the following:
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- What is the name of your first pet?
- What was your first car?
- What elementary school did you attend?
- What is the name of the town where you were born?
What should I say in a security interview?
17 Security Guard Interview Questions + Answers
- Why do you want this role? …
- What do you feel the main responsibilities of a security guard are? …
- What is your relevant experience? …
- How do you handle long hour shifts? …
- What is your availability? …
- What is your experience in carrying weapons?
What is a good security question for Etransfer?
A good question is one where the answer cannot be easily answered, for example, “what is your mom’s middle name?”, or “what is the secret password I gave you?” It’s a good idea to agree on a shared secret security question before sending the Interac e-Transfer.
How do you fix you don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions?
How to Fix “We Don’t Have Sufficient Information To Reset Your Security Questions” Error
- Go to the Apple ID recovery website. Just type iforgot.apple.com on your browser.
- Next, enter your email or your Apple ID. …
- You then need to verify your identity. …
- After that, click the button “I need to reset my security questions.”
What are the Windows 10 security questions?
Security Questions for Windows 10 Local Account
- What was your first pet’s name?
- What’s the name of the city where you were born?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What’s the name of the city where your parents met?
- What’s the first name of your oldest cousin?
- What’s the name of the first school you attended?
How do I reset my windows security questions?
How to update local account security questions on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Sign-in options.
- Under “Password,” click the Update your security questions link.
- If prompted, enter your current account password.
- Click the OK button.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a security question.