There is no facility in Windows or by any other means to password protect an MP4 file . . . You can if you wish use a 3rd party utility to password protect the folder that video file is contained in, but the file itself cannot be password protected, the MP4 file format does not support password protection . . .
How do I password protect a MP4 video?
First, right click on the folder where your video files are located and select “Compressed (zipped) folder” to archive the folder into a zip file. Then open the Zip file and press “File” > “Add a Password”. Enter a password of your choice and make sure you remember it. That’s pretty much it.
Can you lock a File with a password?
Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password.
How do I password protect a video in Windows 10?
Password protect Windows 10 files and folders
- Using File Explorer, right-click on a file or folder you want password protected.
- Click on Properties at the bottom of the context menu.
- Click on Advanced…
- Select “Encrypt contents to secure data” and click on Apply.
How do I encrypt a video on my computer?
How to encrypt a file
- Right-click (or press and hold) a file or folder and select Properties.
- Select the Advanced button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.
- Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select Apply, and then select OK.
How do I encrypt a folder with a password?
How to password protect a folder in Windows
- Open Windows Explorer and find the folder you want to password protect, and then right-click on it.
- Select “Properties.”
- Click “Advanced.”
- At the bottom of the Advanced Attributes menu that appears, check the box labeled “Encrypt contents to secure data.”
- Click “OK.”
How do you password protect a File on a Mac?
To password protect your Pages, Numbers or Keynote document, follow these steps:
- With your document open, choose File > Set Password.
- Enter a password, enter it a second time in the Verify field, then click Set Password.
- Another way to password protect your Pages, Numbers, or Keynote file is by using the Share menu.
How do I password protect just one File on Mac?
Password protecting individual files
- Open the Notes app on your Mac.
- Select the file you want to protect with a password.
- In the menu bar of the Notes window, click the ‘lock’ icon.
- Select “Lock Note”
- Enter a password for the Note you’d like to protect.
How do I password protect a VLC file?
Open VLC > Media > convert > add your video > check ‘Use a subtitle file‘ and choose the subtitle file you want to overlay > click ‘Convert’ On the new window click on the “wretch tool button” (Make sure your ‘Encapsulation’ option checks the ‘Subtitles’ property, otherwise choose another that does)
Can I password protect YouTube videos?
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first: You can’t password protect a video inside of YouTube. You can change the visibility to private, and invite only certain people to view the video. Or, you can make the video unlisted so it won’t show up in your channel or in search results.
Why can’t I put a password on a folder?
Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties. Select the Advanced… button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box. Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select Apply, and then select OK.
How do I password protect a PDF for free?
Follow these easy steps to protect your PDF with a password:
- Click the Select a file button above, or drag and drop a PDF into the drop zone.
- Enter a password, then retype it to confirm the password.
- Click Set password.
- Sign in to download or share your protected PDF.
How do I lock a file on my computer?
1. Encrypt files and folders in Microsoft Windows
- Find and select the folder or file you want to encrypt.
- Right-click on the folder or file and select Properties.
- Open the General tab, and select the Advanced button.
- Check the box next to Encrypt contents to secure data.